Goal-directed activity is offered to small treatment groups aimed at meeting socio-emotional, organizational, and personal needs to accomplish tasks. This activity is directed at individual members in a group and at the group as a whole within a system of service delivery. Goal-directed activity has many purposes (1) Helps employees socialize and achieve personal growth. (2) Provides treatment for their problems and concerns.
- Gain opportunities to approach their life with an awareness of their specific state of, physical, emotional, mental and social development with a view to establishing a greater sense of well-being.
- Gain skill based competencies that will enable them to address issues such as conflict, interpersonal communication and critical decision making.
- Be exposed to information and activities that would enable them to overcome any limitations their life circumstances may present allowing them to discover and pursue their full potential.
- Gain opportunities towards empowerment with the insights and skills to create and follow their personal vision regarding family, community and other aspects of social life.
TCHD will provide treatment in the following areas:
- Addictions and other Substance Abuse Issues
- Family and Parenting Issues
- Marital and Relationship Issues
- Stress and Anger Management
- Domestic Violence Issues
- Professional, Staff Development issues
- Child Abuse Issues (physical, sexual, emotional etc.)
- Gay, Bi, Lesbian, transgender – questioning (GBLT-Q)