About the Employee Assistance Programme
The Employee Assistance Programme or EAP is a structured, clearly defined work based programme designed to improve performance by providing psychological and organizational support to the management and staff of an organization. Utilizing strengths- based approaches; TCHD provides a confidential and professional framework that builds employees functioning both as a professional and as a person. A core theme of the EAP is highlighting the work/life balance whereby the need to attend to issues at both the home and the workplace requires a clear strategy on the part of the employee, while being augmented by support systems.
While individual and family services underscore the importance of the individual employee (with accompanying dependents such as family members), the organization, as an entity, is provided with a strong organizational development model through training and guidance. These two levels of the EAP work together in conjunction with the organization’s strategy and specific mission, vision and objectives.
The issue of employee wellbeing is a central component to organizational functioning and excellence. The employee forms the bedrock of an organization’s productivity; and, in essence, is directly responsible for how well an organization performs. Thus, linking the employee to the organization is a critical function of the EAP service whereby the employee’s wellbeing is seen as being symbolic to the organization’s success.
Some of the issues that the EAP would attend to are:
- Workplace Stress
- Trauma (workplace, home and community)
- Critical Incidence Stress Management
- 24 Hour On call services / Crisis Management System
- Transitions – Layoffs, retirement
- Family and other relationship issues
- At home services
- On the job site interventions
- Substance Abuse and Alcoholism
- Grief and Loss
- Bullying in the Workplace
- Financial Service Management
- Organisational Consultation to services
- Organization and Staff Development / Delivery of Training and Development Services
- Client referrals
- Completion of evaluation reports and service usage summaries
- Performance Management System
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation